Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Why Can't Matt Gain Weight?

Howdy everyone, Matt still is hoovering between 98 & 100 lbs. We are unsure why he cant gain any weight. Today April 29Th we went to Mary bridge to see Dr. Irwin.He had some ideas that might be causing it. One is that we gave him so much meds & ect. that his stomach quit working with his brain, or It could be GVHD, or it's depression. Mom spoke with the nutrition team and also one of Matt's phycologist, I'm thinking it's depression more than anything else, at least I'm hoping so.
Matt also talked with his phycologist and his Dr. and by the time we left he was feeling better and smiling again. He even gave all the nurses a hug before we left.
Dr. Irwin says we don't have weeks or months to figure this out or Matt will have to have a feeding tube put in. OK take a deep breath,everything is going to be fine.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Lynn,

I know how frustrating and scary this is for you because Caden has also lost quite a bit of weight. God has greater things planned for these two because he has brought them through this and I believe he will continue to be with them. We were in Seattle today, Caden was asked to speak on behalf of Children's for the annual guild meeting which raises money for uncompensated care. He spoke in front of 500 people and did a great job. I am so proud of our kids, they are amazing young men with a purpose. Give Matt a hug and tell him he is always in our prayers. Tell him to eat a dozen milk shakes for me, then he can gain the weight instead of me:)

karen chubb said...

Always thinking of you

Sherri said...

With your positive thinking...you are right...."everything is going to be fine"!
Now...how about a quick trip to McDonalds...I think a Big Mac and large fry are waiting for us!

Unknown said...

My friend mentioned to me your blog, so I thought I’d read it for myself. Very interesting insights, will be back for more. despre web design